Saturday, July 17, 2010

In the Studio

No. 33
(about 4' x 3' ... I think)


No. 34
24" x 24"

My last semester of school I worked mostly in a reduced palette, my work referencing most concretely the thunderstorms I'd missed from home. It simply doesn't rain in Charleston the way it does in South Florida. However since returning home and spending many an afternoon at my window just watching it rain, I find my palette expanding expanding unexpectedly.

I am happy here when it is raining or overcast. It's well known that as pale as I am, the sun and I are not friends. I find the quality of light here oppressive, and especially so during the summer. My palette has lightened considerably in attempts to grasp this quality that I'd previously ignored. I am happy with the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment