Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Say What?

The Young Contemporaries 2010 Show opens tomorrow. I've been really excited about it. This afternoon in my Modern American Art class, which is co-taught by the John Hull, the Studio Art Department Chair, John asked if I'd be attending the reception and award ceremony, (yes, there are cash prizes). When I told him that I would indeed be attending and that my parents were even coming up from Florida, he smirked in an "I know something you don't know," kind of way, and told me to remind my parents to bring a camera. My mind automatically went to visions of my painting as some sort of centerpiece, perhaps even an award. I shook the notion from my head not wanting to get my hopes up. Then, at 5:30 this evening I received this email.

Kaitlin,

At noon on April 15 the Friends of the School of the Arts will hold its final Simons Guild luncheon of the year inside the Hasley Gallery. As an award winner in the Young Contemporaries 2010 show, we would love to have you join us.

The members of the Friends of the School of the Arts are obviously supporters of the arts and they really enjoy getting to know the students who create it!

Please let me know by April 7th if you will be able to join us.

Thanks,

Nelle

Needless to say I freaked out a little bit, especially at the, "as an award winner" part. We'll see if this holds up, as the awards are not supposed to be announced until tomorrow evening. It also exists as a humorous reminder that this college isn't that great with their timing coordination (teehee).

No comments:

Post a Comment