Saturday, March 20, 2010

Young Contemporaries: Submissions

No.17
48" x 48"
Oil on hardwood ply


No.14
24" x 24"
Oil on board


Diptych
2 10" x 10" panels
Oil on board


Watercolor Landscape Installation
Watercolor on paper

Young Contemporaries is the College of Charleston's yearly juried art show. Art students are permitted to enter three works into each category: painting, drawing, print, photography, and sculpture. I've submitted the above works. I'd feared I'd have to choose between my watercolors and my oil paintings, as I consider both mediums painting. It was John Hull's idea to enter a selection of my watercolors as an installation of drawings. He thinks, and I agree, that these little works are more affective together than apart. Submission results are posted on Monday and I anxiously wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment