Monday, August 2, 2010

Etsy Shop Work: Scale



Earlier I'd posted photos of my new shelves, in hopes to portray the scale of my watercolors more accurately. As my friend Cait Wade, of Messier Object 45, pointed out, no one but I really knows the size of my little gnome and perhaps something more immediately recognizable would show scale better.  So I've taken some photos of my watercolors against books and next to my watercolor brushes. I feel like the books really show scale, but their bright colors are distracting. People who like my work talk about their simplicity and their calming qualities. The jury is still out as to whether or not I'll use the photos. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I totally get it now! I agree about the books, too. I think the paintbrushes are a good choice though, especially because it makes people see how intricate your smallest pieces are!

    ReplyDelete