Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back in the Studio




Circumstances over the last say, two weeks, have kept me from my studio: PAX, getting sick from PAX, my parents visiting, the Young Contemporaries 2010 Show, starting my Etsy shop, ... the list only jumps exponentially when I start thinking about my schoolwork. So this afternoon got to spend a meager hour or so in my studio, only to be glared at by the still unfinished behemoth on my easel. I couldn't bring myself to work on. Instead I worked on some tiny scrap wood and pulled an unfinished piece from earlier in the semester down off the wall. I don't know what to do with it. There are aspects that I enjoy, but I'm unsure where this piece needs to go to be a stronger painting. Painting is a process, so it'll work itself out in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment