Monday, February 16, 2009

Blue Landscape Final

preface: been trying to write this damn post for a week now.


I have had an arduous four weeks since starting this painting, and I've finally come to a point where I am comfortable in saying that it is finished. In it, I was pushed further, darting back and forth across the line that forms my comfort zone, as my professor not unlike a child continually asked "why?" And by probing, got me further into myself and got that onto the canvas.

Somewhere within the simple explanation that I like landscapes, vast open expanses, lie my very personal issues with my own femininity, isolation, romanticism, and appeasement of others. The simplicity of the image allows for more psychological subject matter, instead of tangling itself in the representation of tangible space. Yet the painting calls on it's representation of the actual as the position of the horizon line subordinates the viewer.

abstraction vs realism
subtlety
texture

No comments:

Post a Comment